All of our stickers are made using top quality external grade vinyl!
Vinyl stickers require careful application and aftercare to ensure they last as long as possible.
APPLICATION OF ALL VINYLS:
1) Ensure the area for application is clean, DO NOT use any WAX or ALCOHOL based cleaning products. We strongly advise to use plain water, then leave for an hour after you dry it before applying your sticker. Yes, being too clean is an issue!
2) Once the area is clean and dry, you should check the temperature of the glass or surface you are applying it too. Too cold or too hot and you will have problems! You should lay your sticker on a flat surface, then apply pressure rub your hand over your sticker as if you're rubbing it to warm up, this will help activate the adhesive and re-stick the transfer tape after shipping, it's very important you do this!
3) Then you can begin to peel back the transfer tape (clear) from your sticker.
You should take your time with this, start at one corner and SLOWLY begin to peel before disposing of the white(or blue) backing paper. (Should you find the sticker is getting stuck to the backing paper and not coming away with the transfer tape, this is because the sticker is too cold and not enough pressure has been applied, you need to use your hand to rub over the sticker several times to create friction and warm it up while pushing down.
4) Lay your sticker in the desired area then rub hard over it with a cloth of some kind or your sleeve, again to 'warm' it up so to speak. Some people may choose to use a credit card or squeegee at this point however this is not required.
5) Begin to peel off the transfer tape, go very slowly and ensure every letter/ part of the sticker is stuck, if it peels up with the transfer rape, put it back down and rub it further, applying a fair amount of pressure.
Your sticker will not stick or last if you;
- Use cleaning products on your glass or bodywork and do not clean them off before attempting to apply.
- Do not apply enough pressure or warmth.
- If you apply too much heat, do not try to use a hair dryer or heat gun!
- If the area you're applying it too is too hot or too cold.
- Use cleaning products over the vinyls.
- Pressure wash them.
- Catch them with cleaning cloths.
GLITTER - NEON VINYLS:
These are the easiest of types to apply due to being thick, these will leave an adhesive residue which is a lot stronger than standard gloss vinyls, we strongly advise using these on glass only.
SPECIAL EFFECT/ MATTE VINYLS:
These are incredibly fragile and delicate, these should have extra care and attention made when applying them, ensuring each letter is pressed over. Especially chrome and sparkle stickers, we strongly advise you take great care with these!
PLEASE CLICK THE IMAGE TO VIEW A STEP BY STEP VIDEO.